Friday, September 2, 2016

Exterior Lights & Porch Fans

 My wife and I made a deal that I choose the exterior lights and porch ceiling fans and she choose the interior lights. There are hundreds of styles, colors, shapes and sizes of exterior wall sconces. When I began my search I knew I wanted a "lantern look", but I didn't have a particular light in mind. Lantern and Scroll have some lantern style lights that I really liked but I knew they may be a little pricey. So after checking Lantern and Scroll prices and weighing the consequences of yet another discussion with my wife to justify the cost, I decided to continued my search.



The lights I chose are 19" outdoor wall sconces from Quoizel. These lights are from Quoizel's Trumbull Collection and the color is Mystic Black.




It's a good idea to know early on what height you want your exterior lights. Plans must be made before you begin "roughing in" the electrical. With a tall porch ceiling, we wanted the lights a little higher than normal.




The side porch received a matching Quoizel pendant lantern. The pendant is 19" long and 9" square.




The fans are Raindance Tropical outdoor ceiling fans with 52" wicker blades. If your fan is going to be outdoors, you should buy a fan that was made to be outdoors. Have you ever seen indoor fans mounted outdoors? You can usually recognize them by their drooping blades. An outdoor fan is manufactured to be exposed to the elements. Some features of these outdoor fans are a fully enclosed motor, water resistant housing, stainless hardware and non-warp blades




The fans are from The California Fan Company and they're matte black with a 12" extension.




The upper porch received identical  porch lights and fans.

1 comment:

  1. You have done extremely well with the exterior fans, paint job and the flooring.

    ReplyDelete